Accessibility View Close toolbar

Electric Shock

1.  Animals may chew on electrical cords which can lead to electrical shock.
2.  TURN THE CURRENT OFF!!  Never directly touch an animal who is touching a live wire.  Use a dry wooden stick to get an animal off of the wire.
3.  Call veterinarian right away.  Tell them what happened and when. Tell them how long it will take you to get there.
4.  Transport animal to veterinarian immediately.
5.  Chewing on wires can cause burn, shock and electrocution. Even if the animal seems alright after cutting the current they can still have some complications, such as breathing difficulties, heart 
arrhythmias, dead tissue, dehydration, and possible death.
                                                 Normandy Animal Hospital
                                                 Emergency: (314) 383-4677
After Hours: Animal Emergency Clinic South  (314)822-7600
Associated Veterinary Specialists in Bridgeton  (314)739-3330

Yes. Cats do get heartworms. Mention WEBDEAL 2. One offer per household. This is a limited time offer so call today for details and an appointment.

Office Hours

Monday:

9:00am

6:30pm

Tuesday:

9:00am

6:00pm

Wednesday:

9:00am

6:30pm

Thursday:

9:00am

5:00pm

Friday:

9:00am

5:00pm

Saturday:

9:00am

2:00pm

Sunday:

Closed

Closed

Location

Find us on the map

Featured Articles

Read about interesting topics

Newsletter Sign Up